NEW YORK DIARY by LEWIS WARSH


22. NEW YORK DIARY. New York, NY: Poetry Project, 1988. 8½x11" 4 pages. (A)
Photocopy, staple in upper left corner. Volume 1 number 19. This single-author issue of Project Papers was edited by Ed Friedman and distributed for free at The Poetry Project on the occasion of the author’s reading.

“I kept this journal for five days in Oct–Nov 1967 when I was living at 33 St Mark’s Place. My typewriter was broken. I did a hand-written journal for five days. Then the typewriter returned and I stopped. But there was this journal which seemed to reflect everything about my life at the time, everything that was happening moment to moment, everyone who was visiting. There was a great feeling of camaraderie in the air and I’m glad that this work, which I wrote simply by accident, has been reprinted so frequently down through the years.” (LW)

0 comments:

Post a Comment